Konami has released more details on the Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Companion App that will be made available on the game’s launch day, September 1st. The Companion App will work with the Xbox One, PS4 and PS3 versions of the game. Check out the full press release below.
Fans of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes may well have taken advantage of the incredibly useful “MGSVGZ Companion App”, which allowed players to access Snake’s iDroid directly from their mobile device whilst playing the game. If you enjoyed this functionality, you’ll be pleased to know that a companion app will also be downloadable for MGSVTPP! Find more info on what to expect from the App below.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will have a companion app similar to the successful app for Ground Zeroes.
- Like in Ground Zeroes the app can connect with the main game to show the in-game map as you play. Acting as a second screen map in the palm of your hand.
- Using the app to navigate allows the player to see the map at all times and see more of the map on the screen than in game.
- The app also allows you to listen to all records / music that you obtain as you progress through the game.
- The companion app is only available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Xbox One and will be available for download on September 1st, 2015, in time for the game’s launch.
If you want to be the best at tactical espionage, this app could prove invaluable in aiding your operations!
As you can see, the companion app won’t be available for the Xbox 360 and PC versions of the game.
Source: Konami UK Blog