Hideo Kojima has shown off a new trailer for his upcoming game at GDC 2013. Just like many people have speculated, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are one and the same game.
Here are some details:
- Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are one and the same thing: Metal Gear Solid V.
- Miller makes a short appearance in the trailer.
- Big Boss has been in a coma for 9 years.
- The trailer is run real time on the Fox Engine.
- The part where Snake wakes up from his coma, as seen in The Phantom Pain trailer, serves as a tutorial for the game.
- The tutorial is a more linear segment to get familiar with the controls, the rest of the game is open world.
- Big Boss seems to have a mechanical arm, similar to the one of Zadornov in MGS: Peace Walker
- Another thing to note is that Snake didn’t seem to be voiced by David Hayter, or Richard Doyle. It sounds like a new voice actor.
Source: Hideo Kojima GDC presentation