In the latest report by NPD on the videogame sales in the US for September 2015, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain comes in at third place on the list of best selling titles. In a press release, Sony wrote that the PlayStation 4 was the number one console for the game, among others. Keep in mind that the NPD data only includes retail copies, digital sales aren’t tracked.
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)
- FIFA 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Destiny: The Taken King (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
- Disney Infinity 3.0 (360, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
- Mad Max (PS4, Xbox One)
- NHL 16 (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
The game has been selling well in other regions as well. The game made $179 million globally on its first day, and took high positions in the sales charts in Japan (Tsutaya, Media Create and Famitsu), the UK (at number one for the second week as well), to name some examples. It also shipped over 3 million units within its first week. Media Create latest sales numbers reveal the game has now sold close to 600.000 in Japan (406,776 on PS4 and 186,479 on PS3).
Source: GameSpot, Nintendo Everything