In an interview with Eurogamer, Kojima responded to some of the theories that fans have come up with while dissecting the trailer and images of his newly announced game, Death Stranding. Some additional information was revealed as well.
- The baby is not a clone of Norman Reedus’ character
- Kojima says he wanted people to find the Schwarzschild Radius and the Dirac Equation, on the dogtags around the character’s neck (possibly indicating he has traveled through a black hole)
- The trailer is not meant to reflect the story about how he parted ways with Konami, but the ‘I’ll Keep Coming’ does refer to how Norman Reedus, Kyle Cooper and himself keep coming back, like waves
- The teaser is representative of the final game: “What you see will be in the game”
- Kojima wants to give the game a specific look
- The team is very close to making a decision on what engine to use
Kojima said earlier that they are still deciding between two game engines, but once that choice is made they will go into full production.
To read the full interview, head on over to Eurogamer.