Gamescom 2017 has just begun, and Metal Gear Survive is playable for the general public for the first time. Konami has released some an new artwork, new screenshots and a bit of new information regarding the ability to build your own base. You’ll be tasked with managing resources such as crops and water, and even raising animals.
Konami Digital Entertainment breaks new ground with an original spin-off from METAL GEAR SOLID V titled METAL GEAR SURVIVE. This title introduces a fresh spirit of exploration, unique mechanics and strategic co-op gameplay.
METAL GEAR SURVIVE is a survival action game in an alternative universe. In a struggle to survive, and understand this new environment, players engage in both a Single Play and connected CO-OP Play. In the battle for survival scavenged materials must be wrought into usable items, gear and weapons if you are to have any hope of making it home.
- Two ways to play – Single Play and CO-OP Play. These modes are linked via Base Camp. Character progress and gear carries between the two modes.
- Build and develop your Base Camp. This offers access to weapon and gear crafting. As well as offering you a command centre for planning missions in Single Play and CO-OP Play.
- Gather resources for use in crafting including blue prints and raw materials. These can be gathered in Single play by exploring the environment or won in successful CO-OP missions
- Develop Base camp with new facilities to aid survival – including crop growing, animal rearing, food and water storage. As your camp develops you’ll gain access to high grade crafting items.
- Manage resources, including human essentials such as food and water as well as raw materials used for weapons, defences and expendables.
Additionally, Konami shared some pictures of the Metal Gear Survive booth on the show floor.
Metal Gear Survive will release early 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.