Konami has announced the release date for Zone of the Enders: the 2nd Runner – M∀RS, a remaster of the second Zone of the Enders game from 2003, with all new virtual reality capabilities. The game will come launch September 4th in the US and September 6th in Europe, on PlayStation 4 and Steam, for a price of €/$29.99.
The press release reads:
ZONE OF THE ENDERS: The 2ndRUNNER – M∀RS is the remaster of the original title with beautifully enhanced graphics and re-engineered audio made for next-generation consoles and PCs. Players will be immersed in exhilarating high-speed mech-action combat all in third-person 4K or experience the full game for the first time in VR.
ZONE OF THE ENDERS: The 2ndRUNNER – M∀RS will include the following new modes and features:
– Optional “Pro Mode” controller setup allows for faster selection of sub-weapons to help engage in rapid-fire combat
– “Very Easy” difficulty setting offers an alternative option for players who wish to enjoy the cinematic experience of the game’s story or are new to VR
– Various training modules and a mini-map
– Additional VR content for an even more captivating experience:
– 3D Hangar:Interact with Jehuty in VR
– 3D Model Viewer: Explore various refined 3D models in full 360 degrees
– Cinematic Theater: After completing the game, unlock the ability to re-watch any story sequence with the option to view cut-scenes in full VR
Players who pre-order a digital copy from PlayStation™ Network will receive a special PS4™ “Welcome to M∀RS”Theme, as well as Zone of the Enders avatars.
KONAMI will soon release a 4K and VR demo version on The PlayStation™ Store for players to offer a hands-on experience of ZONE OF THE ENDERS: The 2ndRUNNER – M∀RS prior to launch.
As you can see from the press release, those who pre-order the game from the PlayStation store will receive a theme and avatars.
In the US and Canada, the physical release will feature a holographic cover and a ZoE triangle embroidered patch, for a limited time.
Lastly, a Premium Package will be available in Japan.
Source: Konami Press Release, Konami Official Twitter