After teasing an announcement regarding Metal Gear Survive yesterday, today Konami has revealed the release date for the game. Metal Gear Survive will launch in the US on February 20th 2018 for $39.99, and in Europe on February 22nd for €39.99.
The game is an expansion of the Metal Gear Solid V experience, adding co-op and survival elements into the mix. You play as a group of MSF soldiers who, after the destruction of their former Mother Base, are sucked into a wormhole and transported to another dimension. There they must work together to survive as they are relentlessly attacked by ‘creatures’, zombie-like beings.
The official press release states:
Konami Digital Entertainment breaks new ground with an original spin-off from METAL GEAR SOLID V titled METAL GEAR SURVIVE. This title introduces a fresh spirit of exploration, unique mechanics and strategic co-op gameplay.
METAL GEAR SURVIVE is a survival action game in an alternative universe. In a struggle to survive, and understand this new environment, players engage in both a Single Play and connected CO-OP Play. In the battle for survival scavenged materials must be wrought into usable items, gear and weapons if you are to have any hope of making it home.
- Two ways to play – Single Play and CO-OP Play. These modes are linked via Base Camp. Character progress and gear carries between the two modes.
- Build and develop your Base Camp. This offers access to weapon and gear crafting. As well as offering you a command centre for planning missions in Single Play and CO-OP Play.
- Gather resources for use in crafting including blue prints and raw materials. These can be gathered in Single play by exploring the environment or won in successful CO-OP missions
- Develop Base camp with new facilities to aid survival – including crop growing, animal rearing, food and water storage. As your camp develops you’ll gain access to high grade crafting items.
- Manage resources, including human essentials such as food and water as well as raw materials used for weapons, defences and expendables.
Here’s a batch of new screenshots.
There will also be a Day One Survival Pack for those who pre-order the game. This pack includes gold plated weapons, gestures, face paint, scarves, a ‘Boxman’ accessory and a Mother Base nameplate.
Metal Gear Survive will launch in February 2018 for €/$39.99, on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
This article contains affiliate links