At the Taipei Game Show, Hideo Kojima was interviewed by several gaming outlets, resulting in some new bits of information on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
- Kojima provided another example of how the games’ dynamic weather can affect gameplay. Sometimes enemies will take shelter from rain, so this is something to keep in mind when choosing an infiltration route.
- As you probably know wildlife will play a role in the game. While you can’t eat animals like you could in MGS3, you can capture them and build a zoo at Mother Base, and the animals can be ‘of use to you’.
- As you know players will be able to attack each other’s bases. But you can also enjoy your Mother Base offline, so this is purely optional.
- This was the toughest game to develop so far for Kojima. Not only had he create a whole new engine, but the entire studio had to be restructured.
- The game will have flashback scenes, in an effort to make the story user-friendly to newcomers (remember that rumor about the Boss’ voice actor being involved?).