Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is the best selling PS4 game in Japan
Famitsu published a list of the best selling PlayStation 4 games in Japan (sales estimates), and the first place goes to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, with 438,478 copies sold. In doing so, it even manages to beat Knack, which was originally bundled with every PS4 console.
Here is the full list:
1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – 438,478 copies sold
2. Knack – 400,888 copies sold
3. Call of Duty Black Ops III – 356,468 copies sold
4. Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below – 329,934 copies sold
5. Dark Souls III – 321,931 copies sold
Metal Gear Solid V has been a commercial succes, selling 3 million copies worldwide in its first week.