Some new Metal Gear Survive story details: Wardenclyffe Section, Goodluck and infectious lifeforms
A new fact sheet released by Konami has shed some more light on the story and characters of Metal Gear Survive. The soldier you play as in the game has managed to avoid getting sucked into the wormhole that opened up over Mother Base. Six months later he awakens in factlity belonging to Wardenclyffe Section, a secret US government facility. A man called Goodluck tells him he has been infected with a lifeform, and he now has to travel to the alternate dimension to find a cure for the infection.
According to the list of key features, there will be daily, weekly and special events as well, much like with MGSV.
Konami Digital Entertainment breaks new ground with an original spin-off from METAL GEAR SOLID V titled METAL GEAR SURVIVE. This title introduces a fresh spirit of exploration, unique mechanics and strategic co-op gameplay.
Following Big Boss’ escape at the end of METAL GEAR SOLID: GROUND ZEROES, a solider on the collapsing Mother Base is nearly pulled into a wormhole that opens over the base. The soldier loses consciousness and awakes six months later in a facility belonging to Wardenclyffe Section, a secret research organization within the United States government. Players take the role of this soldier with a goal of rescuing those pulled into the wormhole half a year ago and to find a cure for a mysterious infection. “You don’t get to sit this one out. You’re already infected with that lifeform I was telling you about,” a man named Goodluck in Wardenclyffe Section instructs.
METAL GEAR SURVIVE is a survival action game in an alternative universe. In a struggle to survive and understand this hellish new environment, players engage in both single player and connected co-op. In the battle for survival scavenged materials must be wrought into usable items, gear and weapons if you are to have any hope of making it home.
- Two modes of play – single player and co-op. Character experience, skills and items obtained are shared between the two modes.
- Build and develop your Base Camp. This offers access to crafting weapons and gear, and serves as a command center for planning missions in both single player and co-op modes.
- Gather resources, blueprints and raw materials for use in crafting. These can be gathered in single player mode by exploring the environment or won in successful co-op missions.
- Develop Base Camp with new facilities to aid survival, including crop growing, animal rearing, and food and water storage. As your camp develops you’ll gain access to high grade crafting items.
- Manage resources, including essentials such as food and water, as well as raw materials used for weapons, defences and expendables.
- Complete daily, weekly and special event Orders for rewarding materials and blueprints to be used in single player and co-op.