On the final day of Tokyo Game Show 2014, a couple of new details were shared during the last stage events. Some additional information is taken from Kojima’s interview with Dengeki Online.
- Both the horse and the dog (DD) can die. This goes for AI buddies in general, so even Quiet can meet this fate.
- Once your buddies are dead, they’re dead for good. This won’t affect the main plot though.
- As said before, you can beat the game without meeting Quiet at all, and the same goes for the dog. But meeting them opens up whole sub-plots.
- During the missions you can bring more than one buddy. There are four seats on the chopper aside the one for Snake.
- Ocelot was a buddy at some point, but at the moment he isn’t. He may or may not become a buddy.
- Kojima: “What Snake and his men go through in TPP is painful. Very painful.”
- “The concept behind Quiet was nudity. A naked sniper.” Kojima also reiterated the reason behind the way she looks will surprise us. But no, she isn’t Chico, as Kojima confirmed.
- Characters in the game question Quiet’s appearance, but there’s a reason for it.
- Missions in The Phantom Pain will take several hours to complete, with some even taking as long as 6 hours.
During the Virtue Stage event, character artwork by Yoji Shinkawa was shown as well, including some new stuff.
Shinkawa stated that it’s always difficult to design an entirely new character, such as Quiet. He also said he tried to make Kaz a dignified character.
And this last stage event concludes Metal Gear’s presence at Tokyo Game Show 2014.
Source: JunkerHQ, TGS 2014 Virtue Stage, MGS.be