Some time ago a secret cutscene was discovered within Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’s game files, and ever since people have been wondering what the exact requirements are to trigger it. Today, Famitsu’s complete MGSV guide was released, and inside is a segment detailing secret nr 56 – how to unlock this scene.
Picture by @Crimsondramon
There are a few requirements that have to be met, the most interesting one of those being that the total number of nukes on the system specific server needs to be zero. Put simply, there must be no nuclear weapons at all.
All the requirements (taken from JunkerHQ Twitter):
How to trigger the ‘Nuclear Abolition’ Event
This event can occur multiple times, provided all the requirements are met.
1. Complete Mission 31, Sahelanthropus
2. Don’t have any nukes in your possession or in development.
3. A certain requirement [related to nuclear proliferation – Piggyback guide] needs to be met on your game version’s server (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Steam). They’re keeping this a secret.
4. After requirement 3 has been met, all nukes on your game version’s server (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Steam) need to be decommissioned, bringing the total number down to 0.*
5. Complete a main mission or return to Mother Base.
*After requirement (4) has been met once, requirement (3) needs to be met again before (4) can be met again.
Chances this will ever happen is of course extremely low. but it’s an interesting concept: putting the choice into the players’ hands and see if they will rid the world of all nukes or not. Still, if you want to watch the scene, you can find it on Youtube.